1. What is a Rate Plan?
A rate plan is a package composed of various rooms and products.
In other words, one rate plan is a composition of a basic rate of the room, special conditions, various restrictions, and products.
Here's a list of typical examples of rate plans.
- The most common ones are Room Only and Breakfast Included.
- There are weekend fees and low season fees depending on the time of the year.
- Depending on the additional products or packages, a plan can vary.
(Eg. room + spa package, room + wine + barbecue package)
ONDA Wave is constantly upgrading to make the rate plans flexible according to the needs of our partners and customers.
2. Seven Ways to Use a Rate Plan
- Rates can be set by classifying rooms and beds
-For room type: Price can be added by the number of guests in the room
-For bed type / dormitory: Price is fixed based on the number of bed.
- Differentiated rates depending on the day of the week and period
(extra charges and discounts available)
- Differentiation of charges according to additional personnel (adults and infants)
- Combining rooms, products, and services into packaged products
- Conditional discount setting based on specific date or time
(e.g. early-bird discount, last minute discount)
- Creating a plan with specific cancellation and refund policies
(e.g. 00% penalty if canceled before 00 days)
- Apply restrictions for minimum and maximum nights to stay.
3. Three Must-know Menus
1. In Room Setting menu, create a room and set the basic rate.
2. In Rate Setting menu, create/edit the rate plan in detail, including...
- Set pricing conditions and restrictions
- Add extra products*
- Select room to apply the rate plan
*Products to be added to a rate plan are created and managed in Product Setting menu.
3. In Rate Adjustment menu, search and change the rate plan, which is final price customers would view and book.
- Search the rates by date / room type for a specific period
- Change the original rate to any preferred amount manually and update in bulk.