1. What is a Rate Plan?
A rate plan is a package composed of various rooms and products.
In other words, one rate plan is a composition of a basic rate of the room, special conditions, various restrictions, and products.
Here's a list of typical examples of rate plans.
- The most common ones are Room Only and Breakfast Included.
- Depending on the additional products or packages, a plan can vary.
(Eg. room + spa package, room + wine + barbecue package)
- You can create and manage rate plans for Channel manager / Distributor /Booking Engine.
- In the case of the channel manager, you can create a rate plan for each channel and manage it individually.
ONDA Wave is constantly upgrading to make the rate plans flexible according to the needs of our partners and customers.
2. Six Ways to Use a Rate Plan
- Rates can be set by classifying rooms and beds
-For room type : Price can be added by the number of guests in the room
-For bed type / dormitory : Price is fixed based on the number of bed.
- Differentiation of charges according to additional personnel (adults and infants)
- Combining rooms, products, and services into packaged products
- Conditional discount setting based on specific date or time
(e.g. early-bird discount, last minute discount)
- Creating a plan with specific cancellation and refund policies
(e.g. 00% penalty if canceled before 00 days)
- Apply restrictions for minimum and maximum nights to stay.
3. Three Must-know Menus
1. In Room menu, create a room and set the basic rate.
2. In Rate plan menu, create/edit the rate plan in detail, including...
- Set pricing conditions and restrictions
- Add extra products*
- Select room to apply the rate plan
*Products to be added to a rate plan are created and managed in Product Setting menu.
3. In Rate Adjustment menu, search and change the rate plan, which is final price customers would view and book.
- Search the rates by date / room type for a specific period
- Change the original rate to any preferred amount manually and update in bulk.